Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Trouble with starting an LCIII (Page 1 of 1)
  Meiriongwril (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Quite some time ago my old LCIII had a disk ejected before it had finished saving to it (I think that was what happened). After that, it wouldn't complete the start up process, going to a floppy disk logo with a flashing question mark.
Just today I got round to trying to start it from the original system disk. It got me to load items from the various installation disks onto a separate blank floppy.
It will now start using that floppy as a start up disk, but won't start without that disk. And of course, I can find no trace of the original folders and files.

It uses system 7.1

Has anyone any advice on how to get it to start properly again and how (if possible) to access the original items?

24bit (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:03 am

What happened to the LCIII´s harddisk?
Did you try to repair it with Norton Utilities already?

Meiriongwril (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:21 am

Well, that's what I'm trying to find out - I can't access the harddisk. I also can't access Norton utilities as I assume they'd be on the harddisk?

24bit (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

Can you try to boot with a NU2 or NU3 System disk?
Macintoshgarden is hosting the images, but they would be useless unless you got another Mac to make disks.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.