Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: HFS+ for 7.6.1? (Page 1 of 1)
  Cael (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:54 pm

i had or what i thought i did as i forgot about hfs+..) an all in one disc for abdonware games/apps and utils for 7.6.1 (quadra) 8 (SuperMac Clone & PowerMacintosh 5500 ) and 9 (iMacs)

im having to reinstall 7.6.1 on the Quadra.. i had 8.1 on there (update not full) as it Just made a mess of everything! the apple Video player for the TV tuner/ AV card it has wouldnt work.. it couldnt use the old 33.6k modem. and everything was unstable! Yeesh it felt like vista but for 68k macs!

however when i came to plop in my game disc for the quadra.. i ***ing forgot that 8.1+ only accepted HFS+

is there any way to add HFS+ Support even if its just for CD -Rom or am i doomed to using 8.1? i dont wanna haveto reburn teh disc if i haveto to and every image i made on OS X resulte din an HFS+ image

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Actually making an HFS Standard disk image in OS X is pretty straightforward. This tutorial should walk you through it:

http://main.system7today.com/a.....rning.html

Just do it that way and then drag all your software to it and that should be all you need to do.

There is no way to add HFS+ support to System 7.

EDIT: Hmm actually I see things have changed in Lion. If you have access to Tiger or Leopard it should still work fine otherwise I'll have to figure out another way.

EDIT: Okay check this out everybody... apparently Snow Leopard dropped support for writing to HFS Standard disks. It's been so long since I had to do it on an X machine, I guess I hadn't noticed.

http://blogs.computerworld.com.....d_hfs_data

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.