Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: What is the oldest Mac you use daily? (Page 1 of 4)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  aftermac (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:13 pm

What is the oldest Mac you use on a daily basis? I have been remodeling my home office in the basement for the past 2 years, which I expect to have completed this spring, and I am trying to decide what computers I want to setup. I expect to have 6-10 computers setup, that I can and will swap out as needed. Of my Mac's, I am considering my Quadra 950, 605, 700, IIsi, IIci with A/UX, SE/30, Classic, Plus, etc...

I'm mainly wondering what others are doing with their systems, and if they are being used daily and productively?

Thanks!

theos911 (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:46 am

My Powerbook G3 Wallstreet running 9.2.2 and MintPPC 11 is my main mobile machine. The WS runs off a Compact Flash card and is quiet, wifi provided by an Orinoco Gold in both OSs.

I keep my Dell Latitude C810 that I brought back from the dead on standby in case the WS has a snitfit on me. The Latitude runs Linux Mint 9.

My main mac desktop is a B&W G3 running MintPPC 11 and eventually I'll get 10.4.11 back on there.

So long as I keep my ][e or ][gs handy, I'm often tempted to write some applesoft BASIC when the idea pops into my head. I have many other 68k & PPC macs, but alas, they usually just sit.

aftermac (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:05 pm

I'll definitely keep a IIe setup... I've currently got one setup as a terminal to my G5, but I enjoy firing up an ocassional game, or writing something in BASIC. I've never had a IIgs as part of a permanent setup, so I'll have to think about that.

I may also setup my Commodore SX64, Atari XEGS or 800XL, or IBM 8080. I'll probably also have my Sun Ultra 60 setup with some flavor of Linux for SPARC. My beige PM G3 tower will probably also have a place.

I'd still really like to come up with some uses for 68k Mac's. The Q950 is almost a guarantee... with a 17" Colorsync monitor, AppleDesign Speakers, and 6 CD Changer.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 am

My 2006 Mac Pro.

Not qualifying for daily, my Kanga get's very infrequent, occasional use for this and that purpose.

Lichen Software (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:48 am

I have a Starmax 3000/180 hooked up to a localtalk laserprinter acting as a localtalk to ethernet bridge.

Until it died (I hope to ressurect it), my PB1400 was in use every day as a cafe and kitchen cruiser using a pcmcia wifi card.

cp2si (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 am

aftermac wrote:

What is the oldest Mac you use on a daily basis? I have been remodeling my home office in the basement for the past 2 years, which I expect to have completed this spring, and I am trying to decide what computers I want to setup. I expect to have 6-10 computers setup, that I can and will swap out as needed. Of my Mac's, I am considering my Quadra 950, 605, 700, IIsi, IIci with A/UX, SE/30, Classic, Plus, etc...

I'm mainly wondering what others are doing with their systems, and if they are being used daily and productively?

Thanks!

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.