Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: What is the oldest Mac you use daily? (Page 3 of 4)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  wove (Profile)

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:08 am

Nice to hear you kept the your old machine and even better that it still works.

Welcome to the forums and have fun.

bill

Chefsessel (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:15 am

My main computer is a PowerMac G5 (late 2005).

But for on the road I keep using my old 800 Mhz TiBook and then there is the good old PowerMac 7100/80 waiting to be turned on every now and then for a classic game or surfing around the net, trying various things Smile

Excalibur (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Wow, I thought my PowerMac 6100 was old, (I'm using it right now with Classilla 9.3.1). I'm glad to hear of people using much older machines regularly. I have an LC and a IIsi, but I hardly ever use them. I keep them running mainly as a novelty.

This 6100 (well actually a 6116CD), has been upgraded with a 500MHz Sonnet G3 CPU, 264MB RAM, 4MB HPV video card, 50GB scsi Hard Drive, 32GB Compact Flash with IDE converter, and a nice scsi CD burner.

Some of the more heavily used software includes MS Office 2001, Photoshop 7, Classilla, and quite a few emulators & games. It also runs Windows 98SE via Virtual PC, although I don't really need it because it's networked with my PC using DAVE.

This thing will actually run quite a few 3D games that are capable of software mode, such as Deus Ex, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, etc. These are quite playable at decent framerates, especially UT.

Old Mac Geezer (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 pm

I have a Powerbook G4 1,67 that I use as a router. I create an ad hoc network on my main computer upstairs and then connect the Powerbook to that over wi-fi and then connect whatever other machine I want to take online to the Powerbook through ethernet. That's the Mac that sees the heaviest use, obviously.

More recently, I acquired an SE/30 so I've been playing around with that a lot just to see how much better it is than the 68000 based machines. I'll probably put that away as an investment once the novelty wears off.

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:31 am

I am currently working on a cookery show that includes 2D traditional animations. I have a Mac Pro do most of the video editing work but I still do all the hand drawn animations on a G4 upgraded 9500 that runs Mac OS 7.6.1. This mac has a Wacom tablet and as I found the way do do file sharing between snow leopard and 7.6, I kept the 9500 as my main drawing/animating platform.

I also have an old LC III with a few games that I setup for my son.

cballero (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:14 pm

I had a 3400c that is having hard drive issues, so I've fallen back to my trusty 1400c.

I multinboot between System 7.6 - OS 9 based on the apps I want to use and when I need to go online, I use my VNC client to get on my G5 desktop.

I even have my G5's DropBox folder shared on it, so I can upload and download documents and other items with my Mac and share files online with other computers!

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.