Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: What is the oldest Mac you use daily? (Page 2 of 4)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Blazer (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 am

My Performa 6300 7.6 is still used for older games, as well as an original bondi G3 233 iMac running 8.6.

Warbirds is still a great WWII combat flight sim and runs excellent on older Macs.

Anonymous Freak (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:23 pm

I use a white Core 2 Duo iMac as my daily desktop. Right next to it is an iLamp, er, iMac G4, that I use very often. (17", the last OS 9 bootable model iMac.) It's kind of fun having the first and the last 17" iMacs next to each other.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:15 pm

A 2005 Mac Mini. Not sure how long it will be in daily use, a 2011 Mac Mini is being set up to replace it.

r-ertl (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:04 pm

I use a PowerBook 3400c and a desktop PowerMac 5500 pretty much daily. They are both configured with the same software and Mac OS 7.6.1. I also have partitions with 8.6 and 9.1 installed for the rare times when I want to use some software that wont run on 7.6.1. I also have Sheepshaver with the same 7.6.1 configuration running on my Dell Latitude PC. (I also had it running on my MacBook Pro at work at my previous job.) I love the old software that simply does what you tell it to do much better than the modern stuff that always guesses wrong when it tries to help me out. People continually ask me how I am able to create this or that on my computer hoping that they also can learn how to do such things. They are usually shocked (and disappointed) when I tell them that I made it on my ancient Classic Mac using software that came out in the early 1990s.

wmmullaney (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:34 pm

I use a Performa 630CD with an Imagewriter II daily for writing, and light web surfing with WannaBe or iCab. It's a fantastic machine, one of my favorite Macs. It's running System 7.6.1

Scott Loiselle (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Hullo, happy to have found a forum for folks who enjoy vintage Macs!

At work I use a brand new MB-Pro running Lion but at home . . . the first thing I turn on is my 7100/80 that I bought new! It sat unused for years and years but I've recently rehooked up a ton of stuff and am having a great time!

Kind regards, Scott

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.