Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: System 7 Mice support (Page 1 of 1)
  Mrgoomba909 (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Hello all! I'm still working on ressurecting my Mac LC520, it's going smoothly so far. I'm going to be ordering an ADB mouse soon though, so Out of curiosity, I would like to know if System 7 Supports Two button mice? Like, left and right Click?
Will I have to install a driver of some sort?

Personally, it doesn't matter to me, I'm fine with getting a 1 button mouse, or even using a 2 button mouse with support for only one click, its fine, I'm just Wondering.

(I'm sorry if that's not very comprehensable, I've never been very good at writing things.)

aftermac (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:57 am

Contextual menu's were not introduced until System 7.5, but even then there wasn't native right-click support, if I'm remembering correctly. Control-Click activated the context menu. If you have a multi-button mouse, you'll need the appropriate driver/extension/control panel for that device, then set key combinations for the additional buttons.

Mrgoomba909 (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Ahh, I see. I would need to install the drivers and assign the right mouse button to CTRL+Click, because System 7 has no native support for it.

okay then, thanks.
I guess I might as well just get a single button mouse then. Smile

Once again, thanks!

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.