Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Toolbox Software for SCSI drives (Page 1 of 1)
  iainnitro (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Greetings:

I am trying to remember the 3rd party toolkit that was around back in the day. We are running OS 7.6.x os on an LC III and are having a bit of difficulty getting a Yamaha CD burner to be recognized by the system. We have attempted to use the generic apple cd driver version 5.3.2 (universal driver that comes with 7.6) and the drive is not recognized. The toolkit was made by another company with three letters, but I can not seem to remember... STB maybe? Would love to find the software again anyhow. PM me if you have a copy. But really need to find this again.

On another note, looking for a terminal program that I believe was called White Knight or something like that.

Thanks,

Mike Needham

iainnitro (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Just wanted to update everyone that I found the FWB Toolkit (which is what I was looking for). Appreciate any help always.

Still looking for info on the telecom program I mentioned.

Thanks,

Mike

wove (Profile)

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:14 am

I had thought the White Knight telecom application was still available. If not I am sure google or duck duck go will be your friend. White Knight has its own wikipedia entry.

Zterm is still supported and available for the Mac OS going back to the days of System 6. And lest we forget ClarisWorks contains a working terminal emulation part.

bill

iainnitro (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 am

Hey Bill:

I appreciate the post and I do have a copy of Zterm (which came with my Teleport modems which I seem to collect). It is indeed available to me.

I am being nostalgic about White Knight. I have found copies available on Fleabay, but I do not deal in that site at all and so I am hoping someone here may have a copy they'd sell or donate to a good home Smile

White Knight was my first foree into BBS from the Mac and I actually would recommend it when it was in the stores... being a BBS guy myself (ran one and co-sysoped another) I always felt like White Knight was the "Procomm Plus" of Mac and would therefore fancy a copy for my archives and my retro hobby.

Everyone: Would love to hear if you have a copy available and feel free to PM me if you can help.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:09 am

I bet it has been 15 years since I connected to a BBS. I enjoyed those communities a great deal on my old Commodore. Felt like you could touch the whole world with a 300 baud modem. When I moved to a Mac I moved on to CompuServe and started chomping at the bit for internet access as soon as I heard about it.

My first interactive computer communication was in the mid 60s using a teletype terminal and a 45 baud acoustical coupler modem. It was real time for the patient, however mostly you sent things then came back later to see if you had gotten a response. The lasting benefit being that you actually know what control codes do and what escape sequences are for, which remains useful and valid for reading HTML code.

In some respects communities like System 7 Today and InfoMac have probably come closest to inheriting what is left of the feel of a BBS. I wish you well in finding a copy of White Knight.

bill

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.