Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Macintosh Lc 520 Ram (Page 1 of 1)
  Mrgoomba909 (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Hello again, I'm looking for some Ram to upgrade my Mac LC 520. currently it has 8MB (4mb on the board, and 4mb in a slot)
I heard the memory can be maxed out to 36MB, but apparently, it uses 80ns ram. From what I've heard *supposedly* 60ns Ram will work on the system, making it possible to upgrade with a 60ns 32MB ram card, but I would like to confirm this so i don't buy what I can't use. I've searched around, yet I can't find anything about it. Does anybody know anything about this?

Also- Is it necessary to use Parity or Non-Parity Ram? Does it matter for my particular machine? I apologize, I'm not all that familiar with Ram In these older computers.

Thanks.

Mrgoomba909 (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Also-- I Apologize if this belongs in the "Peripherals & Upgrades" section, I wasn't totally sure.

aftermac (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 am

When you look up memory for the LC 520 at www.macsales.com, it lists 60ns in all of their upgrades. Of course, they also list a 64 MB SIMM, which I'm not sure if that will work or not. You might want to call them to verify, but at least you would be dealing with a reputable company.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item...../72PS32MB/

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.