Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Powerbok 540c & Performa 6116 (Page 1 of 1)
  Dimitris1980 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:50 am

I would like to ask if i connect the powerbook 540c with my mac performa 6116 via an HDI30 cable in order to transfer files (from Performa to PB).

wove (Profile)

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:47 am

Yes you can. The method was referred to SCSI Disk Mode originally and was later known as Target Mode. There are many detailed articles about the specifics on the internet. Briefly, to connect the machines do the following.

Turn off both machines.
Connect the HDI30 cable to the Powerbook and to the Performa.
Start the Powerbook holding down the "T" key. It will boot to a screen showing a large SCSI Icon and a number.
Start the Performa.

Once the Performa has booted up you will find that the Powerbook hard drive is mounted on the Performa desktop.

At this point you can move or copy files between the hard drives.

When you are done shut down the Performa, then the Powerbook and disconnect the cable.

bill

Dimitris1980 (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:01 am

thank you for your info. Recently i got the necessary cables for the connection. I did the process you described and i managed to copy some games from my performa 6116. I also downloaded disk images of system 7.1.1 to my mac performa and i installed the operating system to powerbook 540c hard disk. So easy and nice. Thank you again.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.