Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Browser for OS 7.1 (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:31 am

hi, I have a Mac Quadra650 with os T1-7.1 and i have to transfer all the HD on a Macbook pro with OSX 10.6.8. After many troubles, now i'm able to connect to the internet the Quadra with my ADSL router and web browsers Netscape Navigator 2.0 or 2.02 and Internet Explorer 3.01, but cause the page cannot charge completely, i cannot enter in my email site page. There is a browser that runs on 7.1 that permit a good navigation on internet?

PS: iCab 2.9.9 don't run and don't charge internet pages...

rlawson (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Yeah that's gonna be tough. Does your email provider have a website for mobile clients? If so try that one with the older browser, that workds for me a lot of time.

The other thing to try is upgrade your OS to 7.5 and get IE4 or Netscape 4 and try those.

Good luck!

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks i'll try soon!

24bit (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Can you set up a simple FTP server with your router?
That way it should be feasible to move files. I am using an USB stick with FileZilla, as my router offers a USB port for such issues.

If thats not an option, you might try Wired or GLoarbLine with an online storage. Macdomain.org is offering a fast storage in Sweden. With such ancient protocol, there will be little overhead compared to todays WWW "features".

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:36 pm

For using ftp i have only the quadra650 with 7.1 and an imac g3 summer 2000 with osx 10.4.11 (i'm trying to install on it Classic so i think i can connect the two systems with appletalk) : there is a way to connect the two systems?

Max

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:58 am

what i have to do for create an FTP and use Filezilla? for sharing the content of the HD it is possible use Dropbox or similar with OS7?
I try also to install IE 4.0.1 exclude the optional installation as Outlook, My personal Server, etc. but when i launch IE it cannot start cause " IE 4.0 lib could not be found". I previous installed IE 3.0.1 and works.

Max

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.