Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: G3 upgrade for PCI Powermac (Page 1 of 1)
  rlawson (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 am

This upgrade card says it is for the 7200 but does it work with other PCI powermacs?

Crescendo/7200 G3 500 MHz

https://secure1.sonnettech.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_92&products_id=236&osCsid=627b804622714cdd6933f760ec9e8425

wove (Profile)

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:40 pm

I says it is for 72xx machines. The information also says it plugs into the PCI slot. I would guess it probably is only for those 72xx machines.

Plugging into a PCI slot means the processor would be talking to the RAM and all the other system components over a 33MHz connection. I would personally start with a better system to upgrade.

bill

addme (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:51 am

I'm wondering how I would open .img files, as there seems to be limited knowledge on how to open/mount these kind of files at all. I have stuffit expander, but I'm not sure it's much help. Any ideas on how I would open/mount/copy to floppy disks a .img file?

jetlife2 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:22 pm

.img files are floppy image files. You can open the, with Disk Copy and make a floppy from them. Or just mount them on the desktop.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.