Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Transfer files from Mac IIcx (Page 1 of 1)
  wenter (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:18 pm

My client has an old Mac IIcx. I need to transfer all his files from it to XP machine. I have read some information around and looks like my best option is to use SCSI adapter on XP machine and TransMac or MacDrive to read the hard drive on XP. Does anyone know if http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapte.....256f312510 such adapter will work?

Any other suggestions on how to transfer the files?

Thank you.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:09 am

It appears to me that that card should work fine.

If you go with the card, you should be able to start the Intel machine using an Ubuntu Linux live CD. It would read the Mac file system on the CX hard drive as well as the XT file system and transfer the files from the CX hard drive to the XT file system without the need for any additional software.

bill

ovalking (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:06 pm

If it has an ethernet card, I'd use FTP.

24bit (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:37 pm

If the XP box could be equipped with a SCSI HBA, the Macīs drive could be connected to that one, mounted with BasiliskII build 142 and you could even continue using the old apps.
FusionPC could use Mac SCSI drives as well, but WIN98SE was the last host system working. Either way, a Mac ROM would be needed to run the otherwise free emulators.

24bit (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:58 pm

The SCSI HBA should come with drivers for your PC operating system in the first place. The Apple branded ROM of the one you picked may matter or not. The SCSI ROM usually would only be used for booting from a attached HDD.
The manufacturer of the HBA does not matter much, as long as XP can find a driver for it.
If you should try BasiliskII, its SCSI support relies on a working PC SCSI HBA and you may need to add winaspi.dll (Advanced SCSI Programming Interface) to your XP system.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.