Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Quadra650 startup problem (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi, my quadra after a month that i don't use, doesn't start: after the typical music, the monitor remain grey without nothing on it and the disk make some strange sounds. I made a video about the quadra but i don't know how to show us. If i switch the reset button appears a black image with sad fave and the code:
0000000F
0000000D or
0000000D
0000000F i don't remember.

What is the problem? Hd is damaged?

Max

wove (Profile)

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 pm

0000000F/0000000D is the Sad Mac all clear code. It indicates that the Mac has passed all of its post diagnostics and has ran into trouble reaching the boot stage.

This can be caused by a failure in the boot devices floppy/CD/hard drive has failed, or the boot sector on the device is too corrupt to be readable.

If this has occurred with the hard drive, you can try booting from a CD or Floppy. If you boot from either of those, you can use Disk Utility to check the condition of the hard drive.

Sometimes this error has been traced back to a bad PRAM battery. The only long term solution for this would be to replace the battery. A temporary work around is to leave the machine powered on for 5 to 15 minutes then do a restart.

bill

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:26 am

The PRAM battery was dead, so i replace with another one but i have the sane problem.. I never change the PRAM battery for years, but i don't know it is a problem. Today i'll try another time, but i have a doubt: in fact the battery i bought the battery one year ago, i hope is non dead...

Max

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:09 am

How can i boot from floppy? i try to use original disk tools floppy but the monitor of the Quadra remains grey. i have to tap any keyboard combination?

Max

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:23 am

If the floppy drive is in working order and the floppy disk is readable, a Mac should start from it automatically without any need for holding down special keys.

If the hard drive is completely not working, it may be preventing startup. You can unplug the hard drive and see if the computer will then start from the floppy.

bill

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:14 am

I started the Quadra from the floppy unplugging the hd. The Mac starts. I used the floppy "Disk Tools" original for Macintosh Quadra 610 and 650. i launch Disk First Aid after reconnecting the HD but it isn't recognised, the hd makes strange noises but doesn't start... Is it broken for you? I have to replace it? how can i do for the data i have on it?

Max

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.