Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Source for 7.6.1 PowerMac 9600 install? (Page 1 of 1)
  Solid (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:35 am

I have a 9600 I bought to use to recover data off a big pile of old 400 and 800k floppies, but it came with 9.1 on it and no original media. I tracked down a 7.6 install disc and bought it off eBay not realizing that it wouldn't install on this and that only the included 7.6.1 media from a 9600 will work. I haven't seen a correct install disk on eBay or elsewhere, so I was hoping to find either a DMG I can just burn of it, or instructions on building one on a modern system or what have you.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:11 am

The last 9600s that shipped with the Mac V motherboards do require a Mac OS 7.6.1 installer. I do am not sure that they require their original install media, but they do require 7.6.1.

Apple did sell Mac OS 7.6.1 on CD. It is not as easily located as the 7.6 install media, but it is available. Another possible option is to install 7.6 on a system that supports 7.6, upgrade that install to 7.6.1 and then move the install to your 9600.

bill

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi,

You can try the Apple Legacy Recovery CD which available here => http://macintoshgarden.org/app.....ecovery-cd

It includes all systems from 1 to 8

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.