Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Ideas for an Apple Network Server (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  TheEisenfaust (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:32 pm

jonpurdy, depending on where in the world you are, I would be more than happy to take that machine off of your hands and add it to my collection. Does it even run? Is it in good condition? Do you have a copy of A/UX that could be thrown on there? How much would you want for it in the event that you would want to sell it rather than just get rid of it?

anonymouse (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:16 pm

feeef wrote:

I don't know the graphical capabilities of this server but it has 6 PCI slots and you may even be able to install a good graphic card to run Gnome on top of AIX.

You could also use it as a UNIX development platform, a network router, a file server or a web server.

I think you will find it's NU-BUS slots and not PCI
I have quadra 950 and I also have a couple of CD's with AUX on them but I don't know the default password. I think Retro Mac cast did a feature on the Apple AUX operating system a couple of years ago.
Sadly motivation is one of my personal issues due to MS so I have not gone and looked or tried to install it.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.