Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Hello All - New System 7 User (Page 1 of 1)
  mac57mac57 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:45 am

Hi All, just discovered these forums and signed up. I am a long time Mac user, all the way back to late 80s. Used the original Macintosh to make slides for presentations at work, and used them right up until mid 90s, when my company decided that Windows 95 was "good enough" and cheaped out, replacing all of our Macs with Dell PCs. Yuchh!

I am a bit of a collector these days. I have just restored an old Quadra 660AV, and loaded System 7.6 onto it. I have its "bigger brother", a Quadra 840AV, and I am about to start working on that. I am blogging about my experiences with these machines (and others). Check out my blog at happymacs.wordpress.com.

I have more than a few other Macs as well. I have a Macintosh Classic, a Macintosh SE, the two Quadras I just mentioned, a Macintosh 7500/100 (now running a G3 card from NewerTech) , a PowerMac G4 Cube (now running a 1.2 GHz Sonnett upgrade processor) and two G5s, a 2.3 GHz Dual Core, and the last of the family, the 2.5 GHz Quad. My current "main computer" is a 2012 27" iMac, 3.4 GHz.

Glad to find these forums! I am having a problem with the OpenTransport 1.3 I picked up here, so I will post about that in the appropriate forum.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:55 am

Welcome to the forums. It is very quiet around here. I think eventually most questions will generate a response. There are a great many older posts which can be searched or browsed. There are a good many resources for software and methods that are useful for keep the older machine running.

Again welcome, we look forward to your comments about your adventures.

bill

Anonymous Freak (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:10 pm

And like many jungles, this one only gets occasional human presence. Razz

But eventually you'll get a reply.

rlawson (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Nice blog!

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.