Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: I have problem while installing System 7 (Page 1 of 1)
  katakefalos (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Well i have aMacintosh Classic running 6.0.7 Greek Os.Found original System 7.0 diskettes and while i was installing the system after 3rd diskette it ask me to insert the fonts diskette.Then there was an error "Fonts have the correct name but is not the correct disc"
I abort there because there was nothing else to do and now the System 7 is installed party but the most bad thing is that all systems fonts are broken and i cant read the names at folders.
Is there any solution to my problem or is there any other way to make clean install from the beginning to my lovely Macintosh Classic?
Thank you very much.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:54 am

System 7 install disks are available for download from Apple. If your install progressed to the point that the system is up and running you could perhaps create new install disks.

Corrupt fonts can be repaired. The methods will vary depending on the specific version of the System you are using. Fonts in System 7.0 are still handled much as they were with System 6. System 7.1 and later kept the fonts in a Font folder.

bill

BigMac24 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 pm

You can find it on the link below.

http://www.info.apple.com/supp.....elist.html

katakefalos (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:58 pm

Well i managed to download a new System 7.0.1 .image files and put them in diskettes with the help of a PC and WinImage app.Now my Macintosh Classic is running perfect.
Thank you.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.