Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Radeon 7000 - OS 7 sees 2 displays (Page 1 of 1)
  feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:03 am

Hi,

Under system 7.6.1, using a Radeon 7000, the monitors control panel sees 2 displays.

It is not really a problem on most screen resolutions but if I set my monitor to 1280 x 1024 (and more) with millions of colors, I get a black line at the bottom of the screen sometimes.

This is not appening on the same computer under 8.6 where only one monitor is detected.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

chrisnova777 (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:32 am

hey there guys
i just registered to try to enlist some help
i have a B&W g3 450mhz running mac os 8.6
im trying to get it to let me boot + use my radeon 7000 pci mac edition card so that i might get dual displays under this version of mac os (8.6)

also im curious if anyone has been able to find a way to enable widescreen resolutions (1680x1050) on the radeon 7000 with mac os 8.6 or previous versions.

ive started a thread asking for tips on how to achieve this over on mac os 9 lives forum too

http://macos9lives.com/smforum.....6#msg14906

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:22 am

I have manage to fix my problem by plugging a second monitor to it. It is a DVI monitor. I now have dual monitor on 7.6 without doing anything special but plugging the monitors. The cool thing is that everything is working fine now. No more bottom line on high resolution / high color. Everything works well.

I use two 4/3 monitors so I have never tried to use a wide resolution with this card. Although, if the monitor can support a wide resolution, I don't see why it wouldn't work with the radeon. I know there was an utility to have more resolution options than what mac os proposed. I don't remember the name but you should find something like that on Macintosh Garden.

reukiodo (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:22 am

I believe you might be referring to SwitchRes
http://www.madrau.com/SRXv3/html/SR2/indexSR2.html

But it looks like it requires Mac OS 8 at a minimum...

reukiodo (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:31 am

http://www.madrau.com/SRXv3/html/SR2/About.html
states:
"Technically, only the DisplayManager 2.0 and the Appearance Extension are required (included in the System since MacOS Cool.
So, SwitchRes 2 can certainly work with older versions of MacOS, as long as these two components are installed. I tested it with MacOS 7.5.5 & 7.6, but I don't support such configurations."

Since SwitchRes2 isn't supported at all anymore, seems that there should be no problem in 7.5.5 and 7.6 with the required extensions.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.