Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Ethernet Performa 5200 (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  wove (Profile)

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Yes you will be able to access the file system. The access is handled via the networking protocols.

bill

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:31 am

Apple dropped support for AppleTalk and classic AFP IP communication in the later OS X systems.

However, I have been able to replace the AFP server on my 10.6 computer with one that handle the old protocol. It is called Netatalk. Appletalk still doesn't work but AFP through IP works perfectly! I do file sharing between snow-leopard and system 7.6.1 without any problem. I didn't try it on 10.9 but if macports wants to install it, I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

I have put together a small how-to here

LCGuy (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:55 am

fsa2110 wrote:

Thanks for replies.

I might get one of those commslot cards from welovemacs.com, unless I can track something down in Denmark or Europe.

Is there any difference in performance from a commslot card to an LC PDS card?

Flemming
Denmark

Main reason to go for a CommSlot card rather than an LC PDS card would be to use your PDS slot for something else, such as a PAS 16 sound card, PDS graphics card, or video capture card. But given that all these are rather hard to find, not to mention that you may not need/want them anyway, 9 times out of 10 you may as well just use a PDS card.

fsa2110 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Update!

I acquired a Sonic Systems commslot I ethernet card and after some trouble finding the right driver it is Now working. It did not work out of the box with standard Apple drivers.
I am Now able to surf the Web and get files from my 10.9 Mac, using the Fetch FTP client. I have described this in another thread.

Flemming
DK

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.