Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: LCII mouse and keyboard issue (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:31 am

Hi LCGuy, thank you for the support! So, what I have to do?

Max

LCGuy (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:16 am

Do you have a different mouse, keyboard and ADB cable you can try? If it still doesn't work then like I said, my guess is its the capacitors. The capacitors in most classic Macs are starting to reach the end of their useful life, and this can make the machine do strange things, or cause it to fail to boot up at all. If you are comfortable with soldering, you can buy new capacitors, unsolder the capacitors and solder new ones on. If not, you can send the board to someone like maccaps.com and get them to do it for you.

ovalking (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:20 pm

At what stage do the controls stop working, or is it not consistent?
Are you sure the machine has not actually crashed when you lose control?
Or perhaps it is trying to connect to a non-existent server.
If the mouse is plugged into the keyboard, it might be just the keyboard or its socket that is the problem, so could try plugging just mouse into the Mac.

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 am

I tried with an another keyboard, same model of the other, but i have the same issue. I don't replace the ADB cable, but i can try. Hi oval king, mouse and keyboard don't work when i start un the LC, and they start work after some minutes. The LC isn't connect to any server, so i exclude this is the cause. Yes, the mouse is connected to the keyboard, i'll try to connect only the mouse to the mac! I'll give you update as soon as possible! thank you for the support!

Max

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.