Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: OS 7 desktop pictures (Page 1 of 1)
  mamarose (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Forgive me if I have missed this but I searched your treasure trove here for the OS 7 desktop pictures and could not find anything. Does anyone have those wonderful landscape photographs to share ?

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:58 am

What do you mean by OS 7 desktop pictures? Do you mean a screenshot of the desktop under Mac OS 7 ?

mamarose (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:09 am

I apologize for not being more clear. I am searching the the file of photographs that was part of the OS installation disk that you could install as the desktop. Various beautiful scenes - one was a path through a row of trees, another was a French valley and river ...

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:19 pm

System 7 didn't handle desktop pictures so this may have been part of a 3rd party utility or a newer version of Mac OS... Maybe 8 or 9?

ovalking (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:14 pm

A shareware option for putting images on the desktop is Decor.

It is possible to paste photos into the Desktop Patterns Control Panel of System 7. I recall it tiles the image.

The CP became Desktop Pictures in OS8.1. My machine shows the sample images as
Beach on Ko Samui
Cancun Sunset
Glacier National Park
Mac OS Background

Personally I don't like desktop photos because they make it too difficult to see the icons. I always tend to have lots of windows open anyway.

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:57 am

Just checked on Mac OS 9 and see nothing that represents trees or a french valley.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.