Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Help: Need drivers for these printers... (Page 1 of 1)
  panasonapplesharp (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi everyone!

I am new here, but I am not planning on staying too long, unfortunately. I have decided to take a healthy break from my hobby; however, I just need some quick help with something. I know this might be going against what I just mentioned (about my hobby), but I just want to know if I can find System 7 drivers for my ol' HP Laserjet 5. I was able to find OS9 drivers some time ago, when I tried the printer out on my PowerMac G3 (Beige), but now I cannot even find THOSE drivers anywhere online.

I also have an Apple Laserwriter 4/600 PS, which I could also use, but the only driver I have found for it (on Macintosh Garden) is too large to fit on a floppy disk. (If I were to compress it on a modern Mac, would System 7 be able to unpack it?).

I prefer the Apple printer, since it matches and is much smaller, but I guess I'll use whichever one I can get drivers for.

Quick question: Does System 7 already come with HP drivers? Maybe these printers will work without a crude driver installation? I don't know...

I thought it would be cool to type some documents on an old Mac, so I thought I'd try this out. I am still going to be staying away from my hobby for some time, though. (By the way, I have been a Mac collector for some years now, so if I sound like a n00b, it's because I'm not keen on Apple printers/printers in System 7).

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:09 am

If you have another scsi mac that can connect to the internet (the beige G3), you could put the hard drive you want to install the drivers to in this other mac and copy the drivers directly to it. You will not need to go through the floppy.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.