Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Please help - SE/30, 7.1 with CD 300e (Page 1 of 1)
  AnselTk1 (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi - wondering if someone out there can give me some guidance/info:

I have an SE/30 that is working well. Recently re-capped and has 128MB ram installed. Currently loaded with System 7.1

I am trying to get software installed on it and have an Apple CD 300e connected to the computer. I've tried creating disks with Toast using "Mac Only" and "ISO 9660" formats, but the Mac just doesn't want to see my CDs.

I'm fairly new to the world of 7.1 and am wondering if it is has some sort of SCSI browser so I can see if it is at least seeing the drive or not or if the problem is related to the formats of the discs I am burning. Or maybe 7.1 won't even recognize this drive? There doesn't seem to be any disk light activity on the CD drive so I'm doubting the SE/30 is even seeing the drive.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:07 am

It looks like the OS is not seeing the drive.

There is a utility called SCSI Probe that lets you see the hardware connected to the SCSI interface. You can even use this utility to mount a disk if the drive is present in the list.

If the OS doesn't see the drive, it may be because the driver is missing. I guess the default CD driver from 7.1 should work with the 300e but it may not have been installed in your mac. Just check in the extensions folder to see if it is present.

If it is not, I suggest you get your 7.1 install floppies and run an update of your system. You should be able to install the CD extension from there.

Let me know if you managed to make it work!

AnselTk1 (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:56 pm

Thanks very much! I will try and then let you know!

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.