Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: LC II issue (Page 1 of 1)
  massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:33 am

Hi everybody! i have a problem with my LC II (avery time there is a problem...)
Today when i try to start it, the monitor doesn't work, is all black. So i replace the PRAM battery as always, but this time doesn't work. When i continue try to start the Macintosh, now i notice a strange noise from the speaker: can be related with my issue? Can be the PRAM battery that doesn't work (even if "new")?

Max

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Usually, this kind of problem is related to bad capacitors on the motherboard.

The first thing you should do is to inspect your motherboard and check if there is any capacitor licking. You could also carefully clean your motherboard. However, I think that if it is a capacitor issue, you may have to replace those bad capacitors.

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Thanks feeef, i'll try if is a capacitor issue! It's important that some days before this problem i noticed for example the arrow locked even if i move the mouse, or problem with the printer imagewriter?

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:02 am

i noticed some licking near the capacitors, and it is extended to all of them. How can clean this area? Can be the only issue, and if I clean this area the LCII may start?

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 am

I don't really know how to clean it but you have to be very careful and clean with something small that doesn't damage any components.

Also, I think to correctly fix your motherboard you may have to replace this bad capacitor. This is the tricky part and if you don't know how to do it you may want to find someone who does in order to do it for you.

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 pm

I clean the motherboard with a cloth with a little WD40. I'm not able to fix the capacitors. If necessary, i'll tell to someone to help me ( i never replaced a capacitor). thanks another time!!

Max

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.