Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: ImageWriter II emulator (Page 1 of 4)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:56 am

Hi everybody, i have a question. Now i'm using a program that runs under OS9 on my iMac G3 with classic installed on OS X 10.4, and this program created with Omnis 3 (I don't know if u know it) seems that recognised as printer only an ImageWriter II (also in the manual is the recommended configuration). My question is: exists a driver or a program that runs under OS9 that can emulate the IW so i can print my work with another printer (in my case a HP Deskjet 5550 or a Brother MFC-J6510DW)??? Thanks everybody!

Max

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:22 am

What you can do is print to a file from Mac OS 9.

When you click "print" from a classic Mac OS, a print dialog appears. There is an option to print to a postscript file instead of using a printer. This will save an image file representing your print.

Then, you need to open this file on the computer that is linked the the printer and print it.

The postscript file should be readable by Preview or any image viewer application on Mac OS X.

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:17 am

Yes, i have to print from OS9, but when i print from this program, i click print (stampa in italian, in fact the program is in italian) the program ask me if the printer is ready, i click "yes", and appear a rectangle completely white without any text, and no print starts. No dialog windows appear before the print, only the one a told you... now i haven't here the program launched, soon i'll try another time and i can tell you if your system works. Thanks!

Max

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:12 pm

There is also an extension called PrintToPdf to be install in your mac OS 9 system folder. You may find it on websites like macintoshgarden.

If you select this extension in the chooser before printing, you are asked to save what you want to print into a pdf file instead of using the printer.

It may be a solution for you.

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:36 am

I tried it, and it doesn't work... made me a empty PDF. The program i used is made to work only with ImageWriter and seems that it recognize only that printer, and i'm not able to understand why.

Max

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:24 am

If i try with a C-itoh 8510 driver, can be possible i'm able to print? But, exist a driver for System 7, or OS9 or OS X?

Max

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.