Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: ImageWriter II emulator (Page 3 of 4)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:42 am

Maybe the best you can do if find a cheap working beige mac and a cheap working stylwrite printer. At least you would have the exact setup required by your software. I know that the stylewriter II uses cartridges that are still easy to find.

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:58 am

I think I'll try with virtual print. Now i tried Adobe PDFWriter 1.0 and 3.0, and PrintToPDF without good results. Only PDFWriter gave me an empty document (0 Kb), with the others nothing. There is an alternative that runs on System 7 and maybe supported by OS 9?

Max

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:40 am

The only alternative I know is print to PostScript file. What you can do is install the LaserWriter driver on your mac and select it on the chooser instead of print2pdf. When you want to print with your software, the print dialogue should appear (hopefully!) and on this dialogue, you can select you want to print to a PostSript file. This kind of file is easily readable with photoshop.

Hopefully, it helps!

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:50 am

I tried also postscript, without more fortune.. also tried with a ppd driver downloaded here http://www.openprinting.org/pr.....eWriter_II , in the OS X part seems to work, also in classic i'm able to install, but when i try to print appear the dialog window completely grey without any text and the program crash, the only thing i can do is forcing quit with the OS X menu in apple-> force quit..
I'll try another time with this setting, for me can be the solution, with some modify can be probably the key of my troubles!
For you it is possible create a postscript print with the original driver of the ImageWriter II?

Max

feeef (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:48 pm

I have checked that but the ImageWriter II driver don't handle postscript. At least, there is no postscript option in the print dialog.

I have only been able to print to a postscript file using the LaserWriter driver.

massi13 (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:30 am

You know the difference between Adobe PDFWriter and Adobe Distiller? there is a Distiller that works on System 7 through OS 9 (if you know ovviacely). Thanks

Max

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.