Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Oi Vey (2400c green light mode) (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:57 am

I'm on vacation, on wireless having a blast! and all of a sudden teh 2400c shuts down and I get the green light of death...I tried everythign from the reset sequence to tearing it apart and leaving it out overnight, nothing works...

Sad

I'm in Corolla,NC using someone else's computer...

GAH!

Next time i'm taking the 2300c.

b

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:43 pm

Dun dun dunnnnnn.....

I always hear of 2400s haveing GLOD problems. I think I shall not add one to my collection now. My 2300 has been performing flawlessly for years.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:45 pm

What's a green light of death? Is it unique to the 2400? Is it as bad as the death scream of a 1400?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:49 pm

sierraredd wrote:

What's a green light of death?

It is usually when the PMU board fails. The green sleep indicator stays on a constant green, and there is no way to get rid of it.

sierraredd wrote:

Is it unique to the 2400?

No, any PowerBook will display it when it's PMU board fails. However, it seems to happen most often to 2400 and 3400 computers.

sierraredd wrote:

Is it as bad as the death scream of a 1400?

If by "death scream" you mean the hardware check failure chimes, then no, the GLOD is much much worse. A GLOD usually means very expensive repairs, if even possible, are coming your way. A hardware check failure chime usually mean your RAM is bad or something similar.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:57 pm

well the death scream is when the sad mac icon pops up after booting. It's a horrible noise. It has indicated a logic board failure on my 1400 twice in it's lifespan.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:05 pm

sierraredd wrote:

well the death scream is when the sad mac icon pops up after booting. It's a horrible noise. It has indicated a logic board failure on my 1400 twice in it's lifespan.

A PowerBook 1400 board failing twice is very rare and unfortunate.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.