Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Oi Vey (2400c green light mode) (Page 3 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3
  bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:24 pm

I tried leaving them unplugged overnight and I even went as far as taking it all apart and reassembling it (correctly) and then leaving it unplugged (with PRAM batt unplugged too) overnight.

Still nothing.

It's Dead.

Sad

b

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:43 am

dpaanlka wrote:

Yeah... I'm not a huge fan of laptops anymore.

I have my moments with them too. But when they work, it's nice. When they don't a huge paper weight they become. Good luck.

Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:09 am

After a quick check, good someone posted recently lol.

Looks like I am not the only one who enjoys laptop tear downs.

Is it possible can I get pics of the Board of the 2400? I have been looking for a Mighty Cat one for year and I am just curious lol.

I have to say its one of the few Powerbooks I have not owned that i have wanted to own.

Either way def sad to hear a mac's death has come but if you don't mind someone playing with the dead parts just to see what I can do, I might like to. *shrugs* I am always doing something odd and strange :p

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:20 am

well I havent touched it yet, and I have another full 2400c parts laptop to take the PMU from.

I hear there are fuses on the PMU that get blown out (from DuoList) and replacement usually sometimes gets a dead 2400c to boot up once again. It all started while I was screwing around with trying to get a external ADB 56k modem to work.

It didnt.

b

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.