Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Hi everyone! I can't tell you how excited I am lol! (Page 2 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 pm

So I guess i would be a step child running anything but OS 7 lol but still seems I can not be the only one wanting to return to the old OS. Not sure how you feel about the other gens on newer laptops and members here.

But I think it could be a lot of fun.

Anyway its your forum i do not want to step on anyones toes esp being here all of what, 20 min :p

Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:03 pm

Besides the video formats and other questions I forgot, does the Twain driver on Graphic Converter still work with most new Digital Cameras

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:25 pm

1400 not one of your favorites? Blasphemy! Just kiddin. Welcome. Sounds like you are a classic mac fan. You will find out a lot of info on the forums as well as the main site. Good luck!

Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:36 pm

Well looking into things and seems like the best web browser is iCab or Opera 6.

Seems WACOM I believe is another option. I remember iCab supposedly it was still getting updates of both OS x and 9 from the las thread I just read:

June 19th is all I can see unfortantly.

SO the hunt continues... lol I should probably make a different thread about all this :p have to look for the right section ^-^

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:28 am

IE is the fastest browser for 7.6.1 bar none. Opera is only slightly slower and IMO better wriiten, because it can fake being Mozilla 5.0 compatable, which helps getting things like online bank stuff to work.

I use my 7.6.1 machine ( a souped up 5500 with a 120GB drive) daily, and RARELY use my OS X machine, a powerbook Titanium 400.

Im really intrested in a older powerbook, maybe you could convince me to sell one of my laptops Smile

Welcome!

b

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:21 am

As stated earlier, unfortunately there is no Mozilla based browser that will work, so WAMCOM is out of question. Opera 6 also does not work.

Only choices are the following:

Internet Explorer 5.0.2
Opera 5
Netscape 4.8
iCab 2.9.2 (or whatever the last version 2 was)
Cyberdog (not recommended)

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.