Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: WTB: Powerbook 3400c I have in Trade a Powerbook 500 PPC (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:33 pm

Ok I have a Powerbook PowerPC thats the 500 series. (I have pics) I want a Powerbook 5300CE or a Powerbook 3400C Maxed on either.

As long as it takes an IDE HD (Its been awhile for me so I need to go back and research) I can provide that.

Honestly I have some discs but none of OS 7.5 and 7.6 I need that. I have OS 8.5 but thats its.

I am even interested in taking both a 5300CE (Or what ever it was called that was the 117mhz model) and the fastest 3400c maxed is what i am looking for. I will throw cash at things to.

If you are interested in the 500 Powerbook then let me know I am not sure I want to use it but if someone has a SCSI Cdrom I will DEF run it. I think it might be more fun then the 5300 lol.

Also I have a extra ram stick from the 540 i pulled apart to make the 500PPC color. Although I guess I am stuck with thousands of colors on that though so again... hmm lol.

Anyway looking forward to having some fun!!

Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:35 pm

heres the pics as I can't seem to find an edit button

View Linked Image
View Linked Image
View Linked Image
View Linked Image

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:36 pm

What speed is the PowerPC upgrade in that thing? Also, what exactly was it before the upgrade?

Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:40 pm

I honestly have no idea on either as it came with a 100or so mb HD I pulled that and put in a 340 from the 540 and no boot of course and I forgot to check.

The more I look at it the more I like it however I have no clue where to find a bigger HD for it.

Anyway as far as i know it came as a PPC so I have no idea there sorry.

If you can help me find a SCSI CDROM I will test it for you and tell you more. I just have to know the person who takes it will use it. Honestly I still am thinking about keeping it if I can find the SCSI CDROM and Any other upgrades I can do lol.

Still want a 3400c maxed though to lol.

Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:49 pm

I have also been told I should look at the 1400 so I guess I am looking at all from the 5300 to the 3400.

I still would like maxed and I am willing to throw in cash as I said.

I only want to and I am really looking for something my wife can use to and well.. I really liked the 3400c to so maybe a 1400 and 3400. The 500 would be nice to get going but I think those two would be better lol. Make things easier.

So just further info lol.

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:23 am

I have a 3400c 240 board if your intrested Wink

Honestly though, you should find a 1400c...they are REALLY rugged, they feel great and run very well....

oh and replacement parts are cheap!

Too bad my 1400cs isnt the 166 or else i'd use it as my main laptop

b

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.