Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Well I am forced on OS 9 so lets make it work. (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:33 pm

I got stalled as the hinges in my Ti Book finally went. So I again tore it apart to do the repair. Only this time it was much easier the soldering the new chip on the Motherboard for the Display lol.

All seems well but I am not going to push it for a day or more just to see how it does. I want to make sure the compound reaches 100% full strength.

Anyway I agree and I have found a G3 233 and a fully G3 laptop on eBay. I will keep an eye on them. However I loved the 3400c so I still want to find a 240 and pull it apart to OC it as well.

Our forums creator seems to have done it and I want to see with all the custom work on laptops I have done just how far I can push it.

Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:39 pm

Ok sorry for the delay I got side tracked pulling the motor in my car and just today overclocking the Tibook to 1.2Ghz.

Now to install OS 9 and get back to what I was doing here lol.

So far I have found that as with most some things just will not be possible, one being WMV movies that are above 7. So most of them it seems like.

I am still looking for a work around but who isn't lol.

I have been playying with iCab in OS X and it seems to be pretty solid so i will stick with it as mentioned before.

With the OC of the laptop I have been trying to see if anyone had any side effects with OS 9 so if you know anyone who has OC'd a ti book that info would be great!

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:13 am

I have overclocked my 400Mhz G4 to 500Mhz. I wouldnt suggest a heavy overclock, as the heatsinks on these things dont really leave much room for breathing.

But my little OC worked fine.

b

Cross (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:53 pm

I am looking at what i can do to beef up the Heatsink in the unit I just replaced the GPU heatsink with copper ones. Next will be the Chipset heatsink and then probably just some Artic Silver 5 on the heatsink for the CPU since it has those heat pipes.

I also changed the fans setup and made the flow blow on the processor as well as push air out the back. I hope that helps as well. It seems hot but the GPU is def cooler and after the chipset is cooler I think things will be perfect.

As for now it reminds me of the heat my wallstreet used to make lol.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.