Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Introduction (Page 1 of 1)
  trumph (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:56 pm

I am a member of the Apple Consultant Network, have extensive experience working on Operating Systems from 7.1 to 10.4.7 and I have repaired older Macs from PowerBooks to the current hardware.

I have used Macs since the mid-80's, which was a brand new Mac Plus. Along the way I have owned a Mac SE (FD), Performa 550, the Blackbird (PowerBook 540c), Power Computing Powerwave 604, PowerMac 8500, PowerMac 8600, PowerMac 9600, PowerMac G4 Sawtooth, PowerBook TiBook G4 and PowerBook G4 Alum. I currently use a PowerMac G4 Sawtooth, PowerMac 8600/G4 420Mhz (OS 9.2.1) and PowerBook G4 Aluminum. I've probably missed some. I have owned Apple QuickTake cameras models 150 and 200, StyleWriter, Color StyleWriter 2400 and LaserWriter 8500 (currently in use). I have owned several Epson color printers and also currently use a Stylus Color 980N.

Other than OS X, the best OS's I've used are 7.1, 7.6.1 and 9.x. OS 7.1 is very limited in being usable as a modern operating system, but it is exceptionally stable. OS 7.6.1 works very well in most environments and was excellent as an all around OS for the early days of the internet. OS 9.x was certainly an improvement, but not quite as stable as the the earlier OS's.

As you may have noticed above, I use OS 9.2.1 on my upgraded PowerMac 8600. This is primarily because some critical software I use will not run on either earlier OS's or OS X (classic applications only). Although I have broadband access, I use a Global Village TelePort desktop modem for FAX reception using their Voice/FAX sensing software (if a FAX comes in, the software automatically senses it's a data call and connects to the GlobalFAX software). I have used and will continue to use WordPerfect 3.5 for the Mac (since version 2.1) since it's so versatile, powerful yet uncomplicated (unlike another "Word" processor). I've never had any virus issues with it either.

Enough of my introduction...

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:59 pm

Welcome to S7T! Hopefully you'll get a nice 7.6.1 system up and running soon...

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.