Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: At Ease (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  tstevens (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:38 pm

How can I get a copy of 'AT EASE'. I would like to use it with sys 7.6. I tryed the Apple site, No luck !!!!>>>

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:38 pm

What exactly does at ease do?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:58 am

At Ease is the predecessor to Multiple Users of Mac OS 9 and X. It is basically the same thing, with separate documents folders and preferences for each user, requiring users to log in, and keeping things private etc...

I'm not entirely sure where to get it.

bigfun (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:28 pm

I seem to recall something called At Ease that was used in the UVA computing centers to keep users from accessing certain folders and to keep them from copying applications. I figured out a hack for it - I don't remember what it was exactly - but it allowed all that to be bypassed. Oh, the free software I amassed then. If anyone really wants a copy of At Ease I can look through my huge collection of disks from the early 1990s. I myself am NOT looking for a copy of System 7.6 and would be sure to immediately delete it if someone were to do an EVIL thing and mail a compressed copy of it to bigfun NOSPAMMING! at NOSPAMULATIONING! verizon.net.

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:05 pm

I was also able to get by it as well.....

I remembered loading ClarisWorks 4, then a game called Cross Country USA, and instead of loading the game, it dumped me to finder. Which was neat.

I wish I had At Ease...

VicenteSpaguetti (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:52 am

Thatīs not the iMac, it was my 7300 when I install again System 7.6.1. You were right, now it's really fast, much more than OS 9.1 days.

I was browsing the Mac OS 7.6.1 CD and found a folder named "AT EASY UPDATE". It has four files, "At Easy Update 2.0.3" and "At Easy Update 3.0.3" and two Read Ony Simple Text Files with information.

Then I browse the other installation CD, System 7.5.5 and nothing.

I will continue looking for that app. I have a few tens of CDīs that came with the Mac's magazines of 90 years ... Maybe...

Vicente

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.