Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Multi-booting on a 3400c (Page 1 of 1)
  cballero (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:50 pm

I partitioned a 2.8GB hard drive in two, almost 2GB and 1GB, no HFS+, on a 240MHz 3400c.

I installed 7.6.1 and 8.1 on the first and on the second I copied 8.5.1 from my 1400c and updated it to 8.6 (my install CD broke and I lost my backup in a move) and installed 9.1. With Apple's System Picker I can boot into any system. I then installed a nice set of graphic and word processing programs. I use launcher to access the right programs on each system.

It goes wireless on each system, with not a lot of extensions except SpeedDoubler on 7.6.1. It was a very fun project to work on and a lot easier than I thought it would be, except 8.6 does crash a lot!

Q: Dan, based on your testing, should I consider installing SpeedDoubler on 8.1 and 8.6 or would it be unnecessary?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:47 pm

SpeedDoubler 8's 68k emulation is still faster in 8.1 and 8.6. This will still help if and when you run any 68k software, however it doesn't have the tremendous impact as it does on 7.x, which is largely still 68k.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.