Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Nisus Email (Page 1 of 1)
  Pwr_mac_beige_g3 (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:09 am

My version of 7.6 comes from a Power Computing cd that also has Nisus Email program as a bundled item. Has anyone used this one? I am trying to find a good program for e-mail then I think I am set.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:18 pm

Why don't you just try it and tell us how it all is.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:44 pm

Pwr_mac_beige_g3 wrote:

My version of 7.6 comes from a Power Computing cd that also has Nisus Email program as a bundled item. Has anyone used this one? I am trying to find a good program for e-mail then I think I am set.

Conceptually Nisus Email works like the email app that comes with BeOS, or the email packages ones finds for the Newton. That is that email is viewed and used as simply a transport agent for content created, and view from within other applications.

This perhaps goes back to the roots of email when messages were created and read with a text editor and then sent using "email". The idea works well within BeOS and on the Newton because the components are more closely tied to the operating system.

Nisus email I believe is written in RealBasic and really works best when the viewing and creating application is the Nisus word processor. It does not have the ease of use and polish that is found on the Newton or in BeOS and I always felt it seemed a bit clunky.

bill

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.