Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Program icons (Page 1 of 1)
  BobWoodshed (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:07 pm

Every time I transfer a program from my iMac to my LC III via floppy, the program's icon reverts to the standard application icon of the diamond with a hand drawing over it. Is there a reason this happens? For whatever reason the original icon still shows up in the upper right corner when the application is running. The icons show up just as the should on my iMac before they're copied to disk. Oh, and I'm using 7.5.5 if that changes anything. Thanks!

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm

If your iMac is running Mac OS X, the icons won't transfer. You have two options:

1: Instead of downloading and unstuffing your files on the iMac, stop at the downloading part, and transfer the .sit or .hqx or .img file to your System 7 Mac, and then unstuff it. The icons will be preserved then.

2: For icons that have disappeared, you can restart, and hold down Command + Option. This will rebuild your desktop database file, and *should* restore all your icons.

Let us know if you have any more problems!

BobWoodshed (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:51 pm

Surprisingly step 1 didn't work for me, but rebuilding the desktop did. Thanks a bunch!

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.