Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Connecting to the internet (Page 1 of 1)
  BobWoodshed (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:18 pm

After a couple hours of getting nowhere I'm finally admitting defeat. I bought an Asante Ethernet card for my LC III today and no matter what I try I can't get the damn thing connected to the internet. Instead of trying to explain everything I tried and no doubt embarrassing myself, does anybody have an easy step-by-step way of connecting to the internet? It's just plugged into the back of a regular Netgear router. Thanks ahead of time.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:23 am

Is TCP/IP showing anything intelligent? Is it getting an IP address from your router? If so, you can try doing this:

Where it says "Name server addr.:" type in the following exactly as it is below:

Afterwards, trying connecting to the internet again. Of course, this will only work if your ethernet card is showing up in TCP/IP, and is getting an IP address from your router.

BobWoodshed (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:17 pm

Actually nothing is coming up and my router isn't lit up for the slot I have it plugged into. The light on the internal modem blinks though. Does that most likely mean I have a driver problem first?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:25 pm

When you go into TCP/IP, is there an option for internal ethernet of some sort for the "Connect Via" box.

BobWoodshed (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:06 pm

My two options in the "Conecti Via" drop down box are "Ethernet" and "AppleTalk (Mac IP)"

BobWoodshed (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:42 pm

Maybe this has something to do with it. While trying to run the Asante driver software I keep getting this message:

The file "Network" on disk "Macintosh HD" cannot be replaced by the Installer. No installation will take place. Quit the Installer, move the file to another folder and try again.

After searching for "Network" there isn't a single file on my hard drive called that. Anybody have any suggestions?

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.