Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Need help with my 8500/120 (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  RacerX (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:44 pm

jmarran14221 wrote:

I also have 2 HDD installed. My main OS is 9.1. Problem is...is that I downloaded 7.5.3 from Apple's website. When I unzipped everything, I chose the Universal Installation for ANY Mac. After installing, I chose the 7.5.3 disk with Startup Disk. The Mac starts...and then I get a warning message stating that it is the "wrong startup disk". What does this mean?

Just a quick question... what format did you use for the 7.5.3 disk?

Drive Setup with Mac OS 9 only warns people that Mac OS Extended requires a PowerPC system... it doesn't tell people that you must be using Mac OS 8.1 or later.

It sounds like you installed 7.5.3 on a HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) volume rather than an HFS (Mac OS Standard) formatted volume.

View Linked Image

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:03 pm

If he creates the actual floppies though from the disk images, and boot from those, he won't have to worry about what format it is since the Drive Setup program on those disks will only do HFS Standard.

The original poster only has to decide if he wants to devote his entire drive to Mac OS 7, or if he wants to have multiple partitions with different operating system versions (like 8.6, 9.1)...

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.