Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Printer Problems (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  ncollin (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:55 pm

Hi
I'm running OS 7.6.1 on a Mac II FX with a StyleWriter II printer. I can't get the printer to show up in the chooser. I have the disks for the printer. Everything loads fine. I see the extension in the extension folder. It says it's a chooser extension. The icon isn't shaped like a system extension. I guess because it's a chooser extension. Can anyone help me to get my printer to print. Thank you.

NC

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:16 pm

Try using the StyleWriter drivers that come with 7.6.1, rather than the drivers that originally came with your StyleWriter II, which might be extremely outdated.

ncollin (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:46 pm

I tried that before loading the original software.

Any other suggestions? Other printers showup Laserwriter's etc. But no StyleWriter. Help, it's driving me nuts. I even reloaded the system software and it still a noshow in the Chooser.

Thanks

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:23 pm

The StyelWriter printer should show up in the chooser, regardless of whether or not you have a printer attached. If it isn't even showing up to be selected, this leads me to believe you don't have it installed at all.

By the way, I have a notion in the back of my mind that all Black & White StyleWriter drivers were rolled into "StyleWriter 1200" for Mac OS 7.6. The StyleWriter 1200 extension needs to be in your extensions folder, and printing of course has to be installed. You might want to try that.

ncollin (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:42 pm

Thanks, I'll try that.

Thanks again.

NC

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:54 pm

Alright.. and be sure to let us know if it works!

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.