Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Free Must-Have-Tools for Powerbook Duo Users... (Page 1 of 1)
  demyan (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:11 am

For all using a Powerbook Duo with a Duo Dock, this software ist a must-have:

Dockernaut
It's a init and cdev combo program that loads different preferences files depending on how/if you duo is docked. You can have e.g. different settings for desktop icon placement or program settings by simply adding the finder's or program's preferences file to the cdev. Dockernaut can even reset your monitor depth depending on which monitor you're hooked to (even with the same dock). This all is useful, if you are using a big monitor with your Duo Dock, but your Desktop is always looking like the 640x400 one on the Powerbook Duo (e.g. the trash icon, launcher and the controlstrip are in the middle of your 19" screen). All in all it's going to make your Duo as intelligent as it should be to handle your hardware... Smile Also works with a monitor connetced to a Mini Dock.
Dan, do you think, this is essential enough, to be added to your PB Duo 2300c download page? Wink

If you're still using a trackball Duo, you can assign different function to the two switches of your Duo trackball with Powerclick.

You can download these programs (and many more) free from here:
http://apple.doit.wisc.edu/mir.....rbook/?S=A

I tried both on a Duo 2300c with System 7.6.1 and it works great.
Have fun,
Demyan

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:04 am

demyan wrote:

For all using a Powerbook Duo with a Duo Dock, this software ist a must-have:
http://apple.doit.wisc.edu/mir.....rbook/?S=A

I tried both on a Duo 2300c with System 7.6.1 and it works great.
Have fun,
Demyan

There is a lot of good PowerBook software on the link you provided, thanks.

I followed the link from your profile to your Duo page, which is also a very nice source of information and reads reasonable well even with a Google Translation.

I have a Duo 280 with 2 batteries. The batteries last for about an hour each and I wished they would last longer. They are Type III batteries and wonder if you are aware of any battery reconditioning software that might be useful in getting a bit more life out of the batteries.

thanks
bill

demyan (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:10 am

Ah, you lucky one - your batteries are still working!
About 1 year ago I took a trip to Asia for 4 weeks, and when I came back, my Duo Battery didn't work anymore.
- Even "Deep Discharge" couldn't rescue it, but may be it can help your's (It is part of a system 7 software, but I cannot remember the version...)
On the link above there is also "Battery Amnesia" downloadable, a program which I havn't tried, but works with the same procedure.
Sadly in Germany the Duo wasn't very popular, so there are only dead batteries on the used market... Sad
Demyan

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:04 am

That power-click sounds like a good idea... I have a 2300c though.

Something to enable double-finger right-clicking would be awesome. This person modified ADB drivers for PowerBook G4s to enabled double-finger right-clicking (placing two fingers on the trackpad then clicking). I wonder if something like this could be made for our ADB trackpads on our 2300, 5300, 1400, 2400, and 3400 systems.

That'd be sweet.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.