Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: NIB 9600/350 Price? (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  p72mad (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:31 am

Any ideas what a mint condition (opened for inspection but unused) PowerMac 9600/350, still in mfr.'s box with all accessories/manuals, would be worth?

wove (Profile)

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:53 pm

p72mad wrote:

Any ideas what a mint condition (opened for inspection but unused) PowerMac 9600/350, still in mfr.'s box with all accessories/manuals, would be worth?

That sounds very nice. One of the last of the pre G3 machines out the door. Generally those machines are not selling for much, and I am not into the real "collecting" area where items are valued based on how little they have been used and how much like new they are.

What did a person get for software and accessories with a new top end 9600? What video card is installed?

bill

p72mad (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:20 pm

I'm not sure, I bought it from an eBay seller last week and it should arrive any day now. When it comes I'll post the stock specs - looking forward to this box Smile

Brooklyn (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:30 am

Its probably worth about what you paid for it on ebay. Although its value will definitely increase if you hang on to it for awhile. I would be interested to see pictures.

p72mad (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:53 am

It arrived today. I was very impressed with its condition - nine years is a long time for something to sit around sealed in its box. It appears to be one of the last 9600s ever shipped, as it has a shrinkwrapped copy of Mac OS 8 inside the box. I guess it has 7.6.1 pre-installed, but I'm hesitant to break the seal and boot the thing. Smile The accessory box is still sealed, as is the plastic covering over the keyboard and the CPU itself. If anyone wants pictures I'll be glad to email them to you.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:05 am

Tell us if it comes with any bundle software.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.