Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Powerbook Duo Keyboard (Page 1 of 1)
  demyan (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:36 am

Hi to all Powerbook Duo users,
I experienced problems with my Duo 230 and 2300 keyboards: the keys don't react any more, and I have to push them several times until I get a result.
I have cleaned the contacts with a cleaning fluid, and now it runs a little bit better - but not very well at all. Does anybody have experience with that sort of problems? Do you have a better solution for cleaning/repairing (e.g. a "super" fluid)?

Is there a product on the market to replace that annoying rubber stile keyboard at all? Or do you know of any mod, that could be done? I would die for a good to use Duo Keyboard... Smile
Demyan

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:04 am

I ended up just buying a "new" (as in never used) replacement keyboard on eBay. They're much less stiff than well used ones.

demyan (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:10 pm

Yeah, that seems to be a good solution!
Sadly, in Germany the Duo is a very hard to get machine, and so is the keyboard, especially the German style one, including charakters like , , and ...
Demyan

bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:28 pm

Even a brand new, E revision keybaord, they are still just OK.

Sad too, it's one awesome laptop.

loverofmusic (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:43 pm

When looking for Duo keyboards, new or used, try to get a "Rev F" version. I believe they were standard on the 2300. Highly recommended. I didn't realize how bad my 230 keyboard was until I got a Rev F. I hear Rev E's are nearly as good. I got my Rev F new at www.powerbookguy.com once upon a while ago. I've also seen good ones on otherwise not working 2300c's.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.