Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: 2400c back in business :) (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  bd1308 (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:09 pm

for the 2400c and 3400c

7.6 CD - Will not install, must use the 7.6 CD for 3400c.

7.6.1 - All Universal CDs will boot fine.

8.0+ - You should be fine.

RIght now i'm running 8.6, seems to be working fine.

ronin (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:05 am

As always good with the bad.

1. I have a generic 7.6.1

2. The 2400c I bought off eBay is in excellent condition. The floppy drive doesn't have a cable and the cd drive came without a powercord.

3. It even had the original cd OS8.0.

Does anyone have a floppy drive or cable for the 2400c?

wove (Profile)

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:07 pm

ronin wrote:

As always good with the bad.

1. I have a generic 7.6.1

2. The 2400c I bought off eBay is in excellent condition. The floppy drive doesn't have a cable and the cd drive came without a powercord.

3. It even had the original cd OS8.0.

Does anyone have a floppy drive or cable for the 2400c?

Is there an OS on the hard drive? If there is you could connect to another machine via AppleTalk using the serial port, or the IRDA port. While that way does not allow for a format of the hard drive, it does allow you to install a different OS.

The 2400c also has a SCSI port so you could connect via SCSI disk mode (target mode) to do a clean install. And of course you could pull the hard drive connect it to a different system and do the install from there.

bill

ronin (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:59 pm

It has OS8.0 and I have the original cd. The only problem with using it without a floppy is that I can't get any data out of the computer after creating it.

I checked with the PowerBook Guy and he doesn't have either the cable or the floppy drive.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:51 pm

ronin wrote:

It has OS8.0 and I have the original cd. The only problem with using it without a floppy is that I can't get any data out of the computer after creating it.

It does have a serial port, so you can connect it to another Mac with a serial port, using a serial cable. Then you can transfer data via AppleTalk. AppleTalk can be slow for large operations, but keeping data syncronized is generally not too bad.

bill

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.