Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Got my Powerbook 1400c today!!! (Page 2 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  ronin (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:38 am

I have a 1400 with a NuPower G3 233. It is fast. I just wish that it were in my 1400c but instead it is in my 1400cs. The 1400c is so much nicer.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:09 pm

You could, you know, move the G3 from the 1400cs to the 1400c.

ronin (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:56 pm

I have wanted to do that, but that is beyond my skill level. Not sure how I can get someone to do it for me. Doesn't the NuPower G3 need a driver also?

Brooklyn (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:41 pm

I it very easy to move them back and forth. You just need a small phillips screwdriver. The drivers for the Nupowr G3 are on this site, or I could even email them to you, as I have the original disk.

passthejoe (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:48 pm

Sounds pretty good to me -- especially the G3 upgrade, which aren't cheap.

For those worried about swapping processors or memory, it's very, very easy -- the instructions that come with the Apple manuals are very good and very complete -- you can get them online as PDFs (that's how I did it). Everything plugs in and is meant to be swapped out. Adding memory to my 1400cs was one of the smoothest things I've ever done with any piece of hardware.

As I posted in another thread, I just took the 1400 wireless, and I'm pretty happy about it. I need to pop the top again and look at my SCSI connector. SCSI has never worked in this PB, and I'm praying for something like a cold solder joint, but I can see swapping out logic boards if it comes to that. (Follow my Powerbook rehab journey at http://thisoldmac.blogspot.com, where I continue to praise Dan for all the help that this site has given me).

ronin (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:54 am

Really, I have opened up a few 100 Series PowerBooks. So let me get this straight.

Do I swap hardware then load the driver?

Will anything work without the driver?

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.