Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: How big is too big? (Page 1 of 1)
  sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:16 pm

My husband has bought me a 32in lcd hdtv for x-mas and one of the first things I noticed was it has dvi and vga support. So naturally I plugged in my mini. Now I have a huge monitor. The colors are so vivid and bright. Graphic creation is cool. So, I was wondering if 32 inch widescreen is too big? What do you think? My spouse thinks I'm crazy for hooking up a mini to it.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:36 pm

sierraredd wrote:

My husband has bought me a 32in lcd hdtv for x-mas and one of the first things I noticed was it has dvi and vga support. So naturally I plugged in my mini. Now I have a huge monitor. The colors are so vivid and bright. Graphic creation is cool. So, I was wondering if 32 inch widescreen is too big? What do you think? My spouse thinks I'm crazy for hooking up a mini to it.

No my guess is that is the way to go. With a BlueTooth keyboard and mouse, you could do all your important work (like posting on the System7Today forums) from the comfort of a recliner.

bill

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:47 pm

I would say yes, since that is not a computer monitor, so the resolution is likely far far too low for a 32" display (it probably has the equivalent resolution of a 17" display).

Big TV /= Big Computer Monitor

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:13 am

dpaanlka wrote:

I would say yes, since that is not a computer monitor, so the resolution is likely far far too low for a 32" display (it probably has the equivalent resolution of a 17" display).

Big TV /= Big Computer Monitor

Now that you mention it, I agree that the resolution has it's low points. But working in photoshop makes for a huge work area due to the ability to adjust the size. Dumped a big crt monitor and hung it on the wall behind my desk and got more space. If it is the equivalent of a 17" display, I'll take it. Besides If i get bored I can put on the picture in picture and watch tv. Just figured out how to work it. Happy Niki

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.