Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: The Christmas Loot Thread! (Page 1 of 1)
  dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:52 pm

Christmas is a big time in our family. I asked my parents mostly for a Mac mini, printer ink, and some gift cards at Abercromie, Ruehl, the Apple store. They always end up getting lots of little things too.

I'm not sure what to buy them though, and I'm running out of time!

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:08 pm

dpaanlka wrote:

Christmas is a big time in our family. I asked my parents mostly for a Mac mini, printer ink, and some gift cards at Abercromie, Ruehl, the Apple store. They always end up getting lots of little things too.

I'm not sure what to buy them though, and I'm running out of time!

Having kids, and grand kids, and having lived long enough to sate my material desires, I enjoy getting little snippets that allow me to keep in touch with their lives. Slide shows of their exploits, movies of things they have participated in and stories of their conquests are always a wonderful delight.

Odd as it may seem there are few things my wife and I enjoy more than the "refrigerator" art we have collected from those we love over the years.

bill

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:18 pm

I know the best gifts were the unsolicited ones. When I was but a small girl, even into my teens and beyond, my father would pick up the oddest stuff at the time. Screws, duck tape, zip ties, pencils, hair clips, nail posish brushes/remover along with other things and would give them to me around christmas. I found out later he kept a small notebook of stuff I would mumble about in some conversation throughout the year. I would get a box of this stuff. I look forward to this box more than anything just because it makes me wonder about what he was paying attention too. He does this to my mom as well, the boys get gift cards.

Niki

demyan (Profile)
  16 MB

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:26 am

Usually Christmas is not a big deal in our family, since my father is Hindu and so am I. But Christmas is somehow traditional in Germany, so we follow that tradition...
For Christmas I'm looking forward to a Mac Picasso 340 from Village Tronic for my Duo Dock II, which is said to be the fastest Nubus Graphics Card beside the Radius Thunder IV GX.
I wonder, how many of the people in this Forum will have old Mac stuff lying beneath the Christmas tree... Smile
Demyan

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:36 pm

Wow what a Christmas!

Mac Pro 2.66
Extra 320gb SATA Hard Drive
2000 Fonts
Seinfeld 7
Lots of Ruehl Clothes
"Cultur Warrior" by Bill O'Reilly

Exciting!!!

JoAT (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:45 am

Had a nice Christmas myself. My wife suprised me with a 20" iMac (refurbed 2.0 GHz Core Duo). This expands my Mac collect to at least 1 too many machines.

(Which means: be on the lookout for me to post 2 rescued Powerbook 1400s up on the classified section. Wink

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.