Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Software Upgrade (Page 1 of 1)
  howardbv (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:04 pm

I'm buying a Powerbook 520 for writing purpouses (Microsoft Word) I think the computer includes the 7.5.1 version of the Macintosh System. Does anyone know how can I upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.5.3 or maybe 7.5.5?
Please help I don't want to get rid of the system 7.5 because I love the old fashioned Mac System.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:40 pm

howardbv wrote:

I'm buying a Powerbook 520 for writing purpouses (Microsoft Word) I think the computer includes the 7.5.1 version of the Macintosh System. Does anyone know how can I upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.5.3 or maybe 7.5.5?
Please help I don't want to get rid of the system 7.5 because I love the old fashioned Mac System.

Apple's site for older software downloads has System 7.5.3 and the update to 7.5.5. The System 7.5.3 is a large download, but the software is free.

I do not believe that the 7.5.3 installer works as an updater, however it will do a clean install on your PowerBook.

bill

howardbv (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:28 pm

Thanks for your help, but now how can I make the floppies to use them to install System 7.5.3?
I downloaded all the 19 files. what's next?
how can I pass this files to 19 floppies? I'm running Mac Os X on my Macbook and i also have a Floppy drive.
any special instructions to do this?

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:58 am

Each of the 19 files are sized to fit on a floppy. And you can transfer them with just one floppy, moving them one at a time. In order for the installer to work you need to get all the file to the harddrive of the 520. Once the files have been copied to the 520 double click the first file which will then create the necessary installer.

bill

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:13 pm

Be aware that some things on this site require Mac OS 7.6.x, and will not run under 7.5.x.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.