Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: 180c Software on G4? (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  Steve12392 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:03 pm

I have a powerbook 180c that died on me. I had special software that was running on it, that I have backed up on iomega zip drives. It was running System 7, not sure which exact version. Is there anyway I can run this software on my G4? Anyone know what Macintosh OS are compatible with software that was designed to work on the system 7? Thanks.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:45 am

It depends on the software. Most older software runs fairly fine under classic mode in OS X.

Steve12392 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:06 am

How do I run it in classic mode?

If you could give me like.... a step-by-step guide... or something... it would be very helpful... thanks Smile

Steve12392 (Profile)
  4 MB

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:50 am

Hey. I got my laptop fixed! Turns out the screen was dead, I got a "new" screen...... problem is, the top portion of it is completely black, so i really cannot see anything. It has a video output on the back, but its a weird connector. Is there any converter that will allow me to connect a normal monitor to it? Thanks so much.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:52 am

Steve12392 wrote:

Is there any converter that will allow me to connect a normal monitor to it? Thanks so much.

The part you are looking for is "Mac PowerBook Video Adapter Cable M3927LL/A". A search on eBay, or Google may turn up one. You can ask on the Classified area of our own forum. The LowEndMac SwapList is another resource you can check.

bill

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:19 am

Steve12392 wrote:

How do I run it in classic mode?

If you could give me like.... a step-by-step guide... or something... it would be very helpful... thanks Smile

You have to install classic mode if you don't have it already. Then all you do is launch apps as you normally would.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.