Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: mac II ci (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  madmann (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:46 pm

I had installed system 7.5.? on my ci before I moth balled the old girl. When I re commissioned her you can very faintly hear the sound. What do you think system 7.5 or mother board issue? Any testing ideas? I did work the speaker connection at the motherboard

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:36 am

Have you turned the sound up?

madmann (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:33 pm

yes i did the normal things opened the sound control panel and increased it to max and made sure the internal speaker was selected. on max you could just detect the sound coming from the speaker

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:45 pm

Have you tried plugging anything into the external port?

wove (Profile)

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:08 pm

madmann wrote:

I had installed system 7.5.? on my ci before I moth balled the old girl. When I re commissioned her you can very faintly hear the sound. What do you think system 7.5 or mother board issue? Any testing ideas? I did work the speaker connection at the motherboard

On older systems the default system sound values are held in the PRAM. I assume your battery is perhaps dead. You can reset the PRAM doing an option-command-P-R during startup.

bill

madmann (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:11 pm

You know I was shocked that the time was only about hrs off and the date was correct when i started the the ci up. You are right I will zap the pr ram! good idea I should also rebuild the desk top. thanks bill

michael

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.