Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Virii (Page 1 of 1)
  SCBrips (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:53 am

I was transferring some old files and apps from one of my other classic Macs (PowerMac 7500) and apparently I caught a virus. When I was looking around in the extensions manager I noticed an extension at the top named "?666". I tried deleting it and it just replicated itself. I tried deleting it with extensions off, same result. I ran disinfectant and it found no infected files. I ran Agax and it found many apps that were infected with the sevendust virus (it also identified the "?666" file as an extension form of the virus - said it couldn't be repaired but recommended it be deleted, which I did). I restarted, ran agax again, and everything seems to be fine. Anyway, are there any other antivirus apps that I should look into (Norton) or should I be okay with disinfectant and agax?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:23 pm

I'm not sure, viruses are so rare on Macs. You should really be careful where you are getting old files form, especially if they're from computers that were not always yours.

hylas (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:54 pm

Old Virus Apps and Updaters:

Should hold up with the old school virus.

ftp://ftp.cac.psu.edu/pub/mac/virus/

http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.ed.....chive.html

hylas

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.